Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tulip Festival

Today my husband and I slept in, stayed in bed and talked until 11:30 for a while, made pancakes and eggs, got back in bed, finally got ready for the day, went to the Tulip Festival, went out to dinner at Pizza Factory, went to a movie at the dollar theatre, then went home and made mint Orea shakes (my FAVORITE). It was a good day.



I have been wanting to go to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point for 3 years. The first year I knew about it and wanted to go was the first spring that Sky and I were dating. But it didn't work out to go and I was too timid to just straight up be like, "Hey Sky, take me to the Tulip Festival!" So instead I dropped hints like, "Oh look at all the pretty tulips on that billboard!" ...He didn't catch on. So I started getting a little bolder with hints like, "Oh that billboard is for the Tulip Festival! That would probably be cool to go to." Ya... that did work either.

So the next year we were engaged and by then I was definitely bold enough to straight up tell him I wanted to go to the Tulip Festival and he should take me. But finals week was the last week of the festival being open--sooooo that didn't happen since I was in the accounting junior core at the time and basically studying my brains out.

But this year was our year. We may have waited until the very last day of the festival (after the last day was extended from April 27 to May 4) but we made it! And I'm so glad we did. It was beautiful and so nice and peaceful to walk through the gardens with my love.

These ones were my favorite!




Gosh I love that man. 

Well, that was our festival of tulips experience. Now we are just sipping on some mint oreo goodness while I am writing this blog post and Sky is reading The Hobbit (nerd). Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment