Thursday, April 18, 2013

better late than never!

So I just realized that I never blogged about our Grand Targhee trip and trip up to Rexburg, Idaho. That may have been a few months ago, but hey... I figure when we look at this in 10 years, whats a few months right? So here goes...

We returned home from a wonderful Christmas in California late at night on the 27th. My family was already at the resort, so we just planned to sleep in Bountiful that night, wake up early, and meet them up there for a couple days of snowboarding.

When we got to Bountiful, we found that Santa had left us a couple of presents for the trip...


Sky got some sweet goggles, and me some new snowboarding pants :) Thanks mom and dad!

The next morning, we were off!!... Minutes after we arrived we were on the mountain heading up the lift....


That night we left the resort for dinner and went to a tiny Thai retauraunt in Driggs, Idaho. It was soooo good. I love unique cuisines and love introducing Sky to them! It is a big deal to me that Sky trys my food (weird, I know) but I love that he is always willing! And 9 times out of 10 he really likes it :)


The next day we woke up early to hike to the top of Mary's Nipple--the highest summit in the resort. I was pooped about half way up, so Sky carried my board the rest of the way (What a guy!) 



Once we FINALLY made it to the top, I was so glad I stuck it out! The view was beautiful, and the powder ride the whole way down was so worth it.

Dad and D.

Admiring the view.



It was a sweet two days of snowboarding with great powder and great food! Ha. We then left for home early on the 30th. The next night was New Year's and we just went to dinner and a movie and laid by the fire under the Christmas tree :)

My midnight kiss!
The next day we met up with Sky's family to head to Rexburg, Idaho to drop Cody and Shayna off at BYU-Idaho. The drive up was a blast, rappin' to thug music and singing along to some country tunes (my personal favorite types of music!) Once we got to Rexburg we unpacked Cody who was moving up there for the first time, took a little tour of the campus, and just hung out. It was really fun little weekend up in the freezing tundra.





Then on our way back to Provo, we stopped by Josie & Chloe's dance performance "Art With Heart" in Salt Lake, then ate at P.F. Changs after. Yum.

At PF Changs

And with that, our Christmas break was over and Sky was headed back to school and I was about to start my internship. (And now the semester is almost over and I'm finished with my internship! Ha... I'm just a little late). Well, thats a wrap!


No comments:

Post a Comment