Friday, April 19, 2013

recent achievements

Sky and I have had some cool and exciting things happen these past few weeks. (No we are not pregnant for anyone who thought of that!)

Rather, I am officially done with my tax internship at Grant Thornton, and was offered a full-time job once I graduate next April with my masters. I was very excited, and pretty much knew right away that I would sign the offer letter. I gave it a few days and then turned in my signed commitment :)


Last week of my internship
I had a great internship experience and learned sooo much. It's one thing to learn about tax in school, but to actually prepare tax returns, see the issues, and follow the project the whole way through is so beneficial and eye-opening. I understand the processes much better and actually see the "why" behind what I am doing. It will be fun to go back to school having learned all that I have!

Now to Sky's good football news--which is probably more exciting for the general population. First, an item of "older" news that Sky earned a football scholarship! (I already posted about this on Instagram... you may remember it because of that crazy pic of me... haha). SO proud of him for this major accomplishment, and just in time because I am no longer eligible for my scholarship now that I'm a grad student :( but I do get "G-Lot" preferred parking, so that kind of makes up for it. Haha.

Now an item of "newer" news... Sky was nominated to be on the "leadership council" this football season. Every position group nominates a representative--someone who runs summer workouts, meets with the coaches, etc.--and the receivers voted Skyler to be the guy. Pretty exciting!

Also, we were pretty stoked about the spring depth chart release and Skyler being listed as a starter. It's only the end of spring ball so there is still a long road and a lot of work to be done before the actual season, but we were excited to see that Sky has made his way to the top and is being recognized for his hard work and talent.


When the spring depth chart was released, a lot of different news organizations wrote about Skyler making his way to the top. My favorite quote of all of them was from the Deseret News... 

"Ridley is a proven game performer and caught the very first touchdown pass of the 2012 season. He's not a flashy player, but someone who runs solid routes, has adequate size and speed, and, perhaps most importantly, has good hands." . . . I would agree ;)
http://byucougars.blogs.deseretnews.com/2013/04/11/thoughts-on-byus-depth-chart/




It's so fun to be in this stage of our lives together where we are still working hard to fulfill our dreams. Everything changes so quickly and our future is still up in the air! I have always been such a planner and have had my life mapped out ahead of me since I was a young teenager. Sky's plans, however, are not quite as set in stone. His plan to go to medical school could take us anywhere from Seattle to LA to Boston... and this drives my planning mind a little crazy! (But don't worry, there are Grant Thornton offices across the country! Whew.)

Despite this bit of uncertainty, I feel SO blessed to be going through this life with Skyler. He is my best friend and as long as we are together I know that we can do anything, be anywhere, and I would be happy and content. With all these little accomplishments and big happenings in our lives, it's fun to know that there is still so much ahead! And until then, I just need to toss the planner out the window and let life take its course. I have faith that as long as we stay true to our covenants, the Lord will guide us through this life together, and we will end up where we need to be. This all stems back to the theme of our life and title of this little blog... 


...enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment