Thursday, August 1, 2013

24 reasons i love you...

Yesterday was my husbands 24th birthday. He deserved a wonderful day, since he makes me feel special every day.

He started out by waking up early to go golfing with some of his good football buddies (Mitch, Kurt, and Cody), and after went out to breakfast at Denny's. (I was in class all morning). I picked up Sky after class and we headed shopping and ate lunch. Sky got a few items of clothing that he has been wanting (and that I have been wanting him to get ;)).

We then went and floated the river with a couple of our closest friends and former roommates, Jeff & Lo. For dinner I told Sky we could go anywhere for his birthday, and he chose... In 'n Out. Coulda seen that coming.



After dinner we rushed home, whipped up some strawberry shortcake, and had some good friends over to eat dessert, play games, and munch on treats. (Jeff brought his famous queso.)

All in all, it was a fun day and I love being able to spoil Skyler once a year. He rarely spends money on himself (outside of golfing) so I love having an excuse to buy him new things :)

This morning when Sky woke up early I was still zonked. So after Sky fell asleep last night I put a card by his bathroom sink so that he would see it right when he woke up. On the card I gave him I listed 24 things that I love about him... and here they are!

1. He is SO appreciative. He always thanks me for things I do for him… even the little things.
2. I love when he talks like a black man to me :)
3. He loves the scriptures and his knowledge of them constantly impresses me.
4. I love jamming out to rap/R&B music together… feeling like thugs rollin’ in my Mazda 3 ;)
5. He always listens to me and values my opinion.
6. He is so complimentary.
7. He is willing to do ANYTHING for me. Which is helpful when we’re in bed and I just really need a drink of water… (I can be real lazy sometimes.)
8. Whenever I am bugged/mad at him he responds SO well by somehow making me smile or laugh and being SO apologetic.
9. He always turns to prayer as his first resource.
10. He makes me feel beautiful—inside and out. I’m not sure I deserve all the praise he gives me.
11. He is athletic and oh so handsome! But very humble.
12. He will ALWAYS try any food I put in front of him. If you know me well, you know that this is important to me.
13. He is a family man. He loves our families and can’t wait to have kids of our own.
14. It’s always easier to get thru long, busy, stressful days when I know I will be falling asleep in his arms at the end of the day.
15. I love the way he treats other people. He gets along with anyone and everyone.
16. When we cuddle I feel like I can’t get close enough to him.
17. I love when we talk to each other in our baby voices :)
18. He loves God more than me or anything/anyone else.
19. He makes me want to be better, without changing who I am.
20. He has never given me a reason to not trust him (besides trying to beat around the bush that he went golfing that day… haha.)
21. It is SO easy to be myself around him.
22. He takes care of me… in every way.
23. I love goofing off and being silly with him… especially when we’re laying in bed before we fall asleep.
24. I never have room to ever doubt his love for me—because he is constantly showing it and saying it.

And there you have it. 24 out of the millions of reasons why I love this husband of mine. I sometimes reflect at just how lucky I got. Skyler is the kind of person I always hoped I would find. I love him with all my heart and feel truly blessed to have him by my side forever. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYLER MARC!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment